Monday, August 2, 2010

First Big Baby Items!

The Fex Ex guy came this weekend with my first big baby purchase!!! The three wheeled stroller that I have always wanted! I don't know why, but I just love three wheeled strollers; not necessarily jogging strollers, because those have ginormous wheels, and I don't need that, but just three normal sized wheels. I put it together today and the thing pushes like it is riding on air. I just love it and I am so excited!



If you will notice, it even has a kickstand so that when baby gets bigger and climbs in on their own, it won't tip over. How clever those manufacturers are!

Grandma spoiled the baby when she was here visiting too and got us some nursery essentials. The rocking chair and ottoman, which will be used constantly, I'm sure. Pete already uses it all the time.



As you may have noticed I still have the plastic on it. No, I am not one of those grandma's who covers all of her furniture in plastic. I have reasons why I am leaving it on. First, Pete didn't get the name leaky Pete for nothing, so I would like it to stay clean at least until the baby is here. And second, my four legged mew, Jack, loves to make it his bed and I would rather not have the baby's stuff covered in Jack hair before it even gets into the nursery. So until it is in the nursery with the door shut to keep Jack away, it is staying covered.

Grandma also got us the baby's crib. I love it so! So many cribs out there are huge and bulky or small and rickety, and this one was the perfect balance. Plus, it is modern looking, which is so my style, and it will convert to a toddler then a full size bed as the baby grows up.



I won't see this beautiful crib for a little while, though. It takes 8 to 12 weeks in order for them to ship it. It is like ordering a wedding dress. Luckily we got an early start and should have no problem getting it home and assembled in time for the little bean.

So three things down and only like 3000 more to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment