Tuesday, August 10, 2010

17 Weeks

I hit the 17 week mark today! For those of you (Amy) who are totally off with the week thing, that is about four months. I had my monthly checkup today, and everything looks good. I got to hear the bean's little heartbeat at my appointment, which is the best sound in the world, and next week we get to find out what we are having!!!! I can't wait! I am still down as far as weight goes, but doing okay. I am trying to incorporate more protein in my diet, which will help, and Pete got me some Haagen Dazs dark chocolate ice cream, so that has got to pack on something!

I have my first food cravings since my initial pickles and turkey burger when I first became pregnant. Dried apricots. I love them and I nibble on them all day long. They are the best. I can't eat large bites of them, cause then they just don't taste as good so it takes me about 15 to 20 bites to get through one. I know this makes me crazy, but it could also be that I just want that one apricot to last as long as possible, and little bites are a way to get that done. I am glad that it is something healthy and not donuts or something. Mmmm...donuts.



Here is my 17 week picture. Found a much more pleasing spot in the house to take it. Silhouettes are so much more pleasing than harsh, blown out pictures, with terrible lighting. My tummy is getting harder and harder by the day. For these pictures I refrain from sucking in at all, which I have found seems to be a females natural instinct when a picture is being taken. I know that eventually I won't be able to anymore, so I figure this will be the most accurate representation of my belly's growth.

3 comments:

  1. My favorite pregnancy treat was Burgerville's turkey burger, sweet potato fries... oh, yeah, and a pumpkin shake. It's good to be pregnant in the fall. Want me to bring you some next month? :) K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would kill for some delicious Burgerville!!! Just a small cheeseburger basket with sweet potato fries! So good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure I can figure out that 16 weeks is 4 months...!

    ReplyDelete