Thursday, August 5, 2010

16 Week Bump

As a photographer, I absolutely hate these pictures. So many things wrong (notice the extreme blow out on my hand, just to mention one). My house is very limited on good lighting and large enough areas to take proper pictures like this. I so wish I had a home studio. I will continue to work on finding a decent area within the confines of the house to take future pictures like this, but for now these will have to suffice.



Now as a mom, I love seeing my belly get bigger. Probably because it is the only time in a persons life that one can embrace having a big belly. I am probably embracing it now because it hasn't gotten huge yet. In a couple months I might just be hating life and these pictures.

On the upside I can still fit into my skinny day jeans as long as I push the top down and button them lower. Oh, they are a bit snug around the belly, but definitely comfortable everywhere else. On the downside the nausea is still plaguing me. I was hopeful that it would be gone by now, but no such luck. But I do seem to have more good days and the good days seem better than the good days a month or so ago, so hopefully that is a sign of even better things to come.
Today is Pete and my anniversary and normally we go wine tasting, so things will have to change this year. Spending some time out in the sun on the beach sounds like the perfect alternative. I really want to go to the Santa Barbara Zoo or the Long Beach Aquarium too, however, those might have to take some convincing, so we will see.

I have my doctor's appointment on Tuesday and that is when we schedule the ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby!!! I am getting so anxious to find out. In the beginning I was indifferent about finding out, but Pete really wanted to know. Now it is all I think about. I give people so much credit who wait until the baby is born to find out. I think I would go crazy.

1 comment:

  1. Get the Bella Band. Worth every penny & being due any day now I can still wear my most of my pants. Maternity pants = not fun...especially if you have a sensative stomach (as I do).

    The bump is looking absolutly adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete