Friday, July 30, 2010

First Night Without Nausea!

Last night was the first night that I have gone to bed without feeling like I could vomit at any moment since May. This is huge! Usually I stagger to my bathroom, avoiding washing my face as the act of bending forward could be disastrous. I brush my teeth and especially my tongue, which always tastes funny these days; then as I lay down in bed I am forced to prop myself up higher as to avoid any reflux that may occur by laying too flat. I also never turn onto my right side, as experience tells me, that is a sure fire way to induce vomiting rather quickly. Left side is the safe side, but since my nightstand is on my right, I am forced to continually roll over in order to grab my spit cup once every minute or two until I drift off to sleep. It is wonderful. But last night, things changed!

I laid down with just my one pillow, and not even folded in half like I do sometimes. I could lay on either side, or my back, which was so nice, because when you can't lay on a side, everything in your body makes you want to lay on that side. It sucks. And I only used my spit cup like three times instead of my usual 300 or so. What makes it more amazing is that my dog was producing some smells that could have wiped out a whole village, and with my over sensitive olfactory senses, one would think that alone would have sent me to the toilet, nausea or no nausea. But no, this stomach stayed strong!

I have some theories on why this change took place.

One: I went to Cheesecake Factory with Amy, her sister Katie, and little Madeline and had some cheesecake from three different slices. Yes, that's right, three different slices. The anniversary cheesecake, the red velvet cheesecake, and their brand new Reese's peanut butter, chocolate cheesecake; for those of you that were wondering. Perhaps the baby has been craving some cheesecake this whole time and making me nauseous was the only way to get the point across. If this is the case, does this mean I will have to consume cheesecake everyday? Because I will definitely start gaining weight then.

Two: My dog, in a fit of excitement over hearing Pete's truck in the driveway when he got home, jumped and pushed his paw off of my belly. That is 80 lbs of dog pushing off my fragile little stomach. Perhaps this blow just pushed the nausea right out of me. However, I fear that this will also leave a giant paw print embedded into the baby's belly when it comes out.



See that paw? Yeah, that's the paw that did it. She may look cute, but she is big, and when she wants to, she has a lot of energy, and it is never good to have that energy concentrated on my stomach. Pregnant or not.

Theory three: Finally the pregnancy gods are being nice and taking my awful "morning" sickness away! I'm really pulling for theory number three to be the correct one, but I am not ready to celebrate it yet. Don't want to jinx anything. If tonight is nausea free, then tomorrow there will definitely be some celebrating!

2 comments:

  1. If it ends up that theory one is the correct theory I will help you through the necessary cheesecake...:)

    ReplyDelete