Thursday, March 31, 2011

2 Month Checkup

Layla had her two month doctor's visit today. Three shots, poor girl. Her faced turned every color of red possible and she screamed so long that nothing was coming out. It just breaks my heart. She got over it pretty quickly though, so that is good. She is a little trooper.

Well she is still in the fifth percent isle for weight. She was up to 8 lbs, 15oz and she is now 22 inches long, which he said is right in the middle for height, and her head is in the 25th percent isle (she must have taken after my side on that one. =) ) The doctor said that since she isn't dropping off more on weight he isn't concerned, so he said just to keep doing what I am doing. So I will continue supplementing her once or twice a day and hopefully all will continue to go well. He said she looks great and she is really strong. We play Parachute (a more fun modification of the airplane) and her whole body is flat as a board when I hold her up. She is nothing but muscle, that one.

She is smiling more and more these days and she is starting to notice more around her. She stares at her hands every once in a while so it won't be too long before she will have more control over them. She also loves to stare at this little stuffed lion rattle with a bright colored mane. She follows it so well. My favorite, though, is when she talks to me. Her little coos are so adorable. I'm trying to take in every moment cause they all go by so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment