Tuesday, January 18, 2011

40 Weeks!

Today is my due date!!!! I had my doctors appointment yesterday and I still haven't dilated at all, but I am 60% effaced and Baby is at 2 station so that is all good things I have my next check up on Friday and he said if I haven't gone into labor naturally we will talk inducing sometime next week. So crazy!!! I have my fingers crossed that they don't have to induce, but if they do, they do. He also said she is the perfect size, not too big and not too small. He was guessing about seven to seven and a half pounds.

I'm walking a lot to try and get things progressing, especially now that it is 80 degrees outside and I don't have to freeze. Everyone keeps telling me that spicy food is what will do it, but I have never been a spicy food fan, and the little bit I have had since being pregnant just gives me awful heartburn. Now the question is does horseradish or wasabi count? Cause that I will eat like crazy! I love that stuff. I even put some in my macaroni and cheese for an extra kick, and hello! It is delicious. I may just have to bite the bullet and suffer through the burning mouth feeling that spicy food gives me and the inevitable heartburn that will follow, cause having labor start naturally has got to be better than pitocin.

I think that my belly dropped a bit. I can breathe a little easier but I have to pee a lot more often now. Just means that things are happening! Everything is pretty much ready to go at this point. The only major thing that I still need to get is the breast pump, but I have no idea which one to get. Since I am going to be a stay at home mom, I don't need the uber crazy expensive kind since I won't be pumping every day, but I want a good one. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know!

3 comments:

  1. Even though you won't be pumping often, do yourself a favor and don't get a manual one. I did that and it took forever and I couldn't do anything else but pump. A little unwanted advice for ya ;)

    So excited for the arrival of baby H!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no manual for sure on the pump action. the only time i used mine was in mexico to pump and dump the margaritas. As far as not needing to pump very often... pump as often as you can and freeze it. you never know when you will suddenly be in need of that precious gold (i.e. go on meds, baby is sensitive to something you ate..etc) I used my Medela breast pump for all 3 boys and sold it to a co-worker who used it on her 2 kiddos, who then sold it to another of our co-workers. Awesome, awesome product. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was all about the medela breast pump. Which you should probably get sooner than later. It will def come in handy. Anna ;)

    ReplyDelete