Monday, September 27, 2010

New Stuff

Mom and I did some baby shopping while she was in town. I know, big surprise. We found some good deals. We went to Kohl's and I got three maternity shirts for $6.71! My receipt said that I saved $89.80 on my purchase. That kind of thing never happens to me. I usually find the one item on the clearance rack that wasn't supposed to be there. Then we went to Burlington and I found some adorable bibs and outfits for baby. I just love the little Donna Karan outfit. I had to splurge on it.


The craziest thing about my purchases is that most of the baby clothes were pink. But they are such sweet pink shades, not those nauseating shades. Though I may be more accepting of the pink stuff, there are two things that I will not be purchasing ever, and I don't believe that anyone in their right mind should be either.


What is the world coming to that we stick our dogs in strollers and put leashes on our children? Dogs have four legs, thus they are meant to walk. As if Americans aren't obese enough that we have to make our dogs fat and lazy too. And children need to learn that they have to stay close to mommy and daddy, not that if you run too fast you will bungee back and fall on your ass. It is just ridiculous. If anyone ever sees me with either of these items, just shoot me.

I did get a couple baby gifts from the grandma's. Grandma (my mom) got her the little outfit, and Mimi (Pete's mom) got her the little hat. They are just adorable and I absolutely love the colors. I am sure they will both look so sweet on our little girl.


We also did some closet reconfiguring in the nursery while my mom was here. It is amazing what a difference they make. We have shelves and drawers and way more hanging space now. We also were finally able to pick up the crib!!! I can't wait to get it all put together so we can start on decorating the nursery.

No comments:

Post a Comment