Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ultrasound at 6 Weeks

Down the street from our house is a free pregnancy clinic. I had always seen it since it was right across from the Starbucks that I frequent so when I found out I was pregnant, since I didn't have a regular gynocologist I thought maybe I would just go there.

They were great. It was so exciting to see the first pictures of my baby even though he or she just looked like a greyish blur. It was the most beautiful greyish blur I had ever seen!

The baby is the bright whitish/grey blur inside the black amniotic sac, and the greyish ring is the yolk sac, which will feed my baby until the placenta takes over in a few weeks.
After the ultrasound technician ran all of her measurements she gave me yet another due date of January 25th. So at this point I don't even know which date to go by, but I at least know it will be sometime around the end of January.

My follow up appointment at the doctors office is in a week, and I am guessing they are going to have yet another due date for me. As long as baby is healthy, I don't really care! Babies rarely come on their due date anyway. The ultrasound technician told me it is about 4% that do. Kind of crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment