Thursday, May 27, 2010

Momentary Scare

Yesterday I was doing some spring cleaning around the house and lifting and moving probably more things then I should have. This morning I woke up and had a bit of a scare when I noticed some spotting. I called the doctors office and made an appointment to come in. He performed an ultrasound to make sure everything looked okay, but since I was only five weeks along you couldn't really see much, just the amniotic sac and the yolk sac.


The Dr. was an older man and he was so cute cause he would humm while checking me. It was quite hilarious. Worked though, cause it definitely kept me at ease. He reassured me that everything looked fine and that the bleeding seemed to be external, and most likely caused from too much lifting. He told me to take it easy for the next couple weeks and not to worry. He gave me a new due date based on the ultrasound measurements of January 27th, which made Pete happy.

2 comments:

  1. I had a similar scare and I spent the day balling my eyes out. How could such a tiny thing, so new, still yet formed, create such emotion in me? It's amazing knowing the life that you carry inside is already so loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. It is like an instant bond.

    ReplyDelete