Wednesday, May 25, 2011

4 Months Old

Time is flying by. Four months doesn't seem like that long, but when you look at how much Layla has grown and changed it is just crazy!!! So much has happened in the last month. She is cooing, squealing, babbling, and giggling so much more these days. I just love to listen to her. She is getting so big and I can't wait to find out her official stats at her doctors visit next week. I weighed her myself and she is right around 12lbs, though I don't know how accurate my scale is, and she was wearing her diaper and clothes.



Speaking of diapers and clothes, she is growing so much that we just finished her last box of newborn size diapers and are moving up to the size 1. She is getting taller too, but she is still such a skinny minny that some outfits swim on her from side to side, but are tight from top to bottom. It is nice that we are going into summer, because most of the summer outfits don't have feet. =)


Just in the last couple weeks she has learned to grab things and bring them to her mouth, roll over from her stomach to her back (although I am not always sure that it is on purpose, or more of a graceful fall of sorts), she is starting to master holding her own bottle, and she can sit up and stand so well (with assistance of course). She especially loves the standing, which she can do while only holding my fingers. She is so strong. It makes me fear that she is going to walk early, though. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen! She also has her fingers in her mouth all the time and is very animated with her hands, arms, legs and feet. She is moving constantly and sometimes has a hard time relaxing. She just doesn't want to miss a moment.





We had another one of our brief photo sessions and got a few cute ones. I was comparing them to her earlier pictures and it is amazing how much she has changed. Her face is definitely filling out. I just love those adorable cheeks!!! She must be a good mix of Pete and me because we hear that she looks like both of us equally. Apparently we make a good mix, because she is the cutest little bug I have ever laid eyes on (not that I'm biased).

No comments:

Post a Comment