Saturday, November 5, 2011

Some fun in October!

Pete's parents were in town visiting for a couple weeks at the end of October and we had a great time!



We took Layla to the Long Beach Boardwalk and she got to ride in a car with Kermit the Frog. She loved it! However, she hated being taken out of it. Opa made up for it with some crazy maneuvers in the stroller, though. =)



We took her wine tasting to Santa Barbara and Solvang. She has already been wine tasting four times in her short nine months of life. Does that make me a bad mother?!?! I just want her to have an appreciation for one of Mommy's favorite things. =)



At the Santa Barbara Zoo, Layla got to go for a Jeep ride, this time with a gorilla, an elephant and a giraffe. This one was a bit jerkier than the Kermit ride, so she was a bit more accepting of getting off when the ride was over.



She absolutely loved feeding the giraffes!!! She was giggling and smiling the whole time. Just like she does at home with her giant giraffe!


Man do those girls have some long tongues!





Getting a ride from Daddy while we checked out the exotic birds exhibit.


This one was so cool, and rather tame.


Watching the snow leopard.





We had a quick, impromptu stop at a local pumpkin patch on the way to Santa Barbara called Pete's Pumpkin Patch. I'm really glad that we stopped. We don't have many family photos, and Layla is looking adorable, even though we had to wake her up for the photos. =)



Now I am not much for Halloween. In fact, I pretty much hate the holiday, at least most of it. Everyone kept asking me what I was going to dress Layla up as. I didn't really care much, so last minute Sheryl and I came up with the idea of dressing her as G.I. Jane. Though she was not in a picture taking mood that day, she looks pretty cute. I do love her in her fatigues.

No comments:

Post a Comment