Saturday, June 18, 2011

Growing Up So Fast




Layla is changing and learning new things all the time. It is amazing how quickly she will go from not doing something to completely mastering it. She is learning to entertain herself a lot these days so she loves to be in her stimulus package. She plays with all the little toys, spinners, and rattles and is getting the hang of pushing off to make herself bounce. She also is much more content on long walks. She can see out so much better now and if I hand her a toy she is usually good in there for a two mile walk. She is also learning that she can shake her rattle toys and they make noise. It is too cute to watch her do it. She is starting to find her toys once she drops them now too, which is great.



I have found a couple spots on Layla that I call her tickle buttons. She is giggling all the time these days and sometimes I'm not even sure what triggers it. She has the cutest smile I have ever seen, so I love that she is such a happy baby.


She continues to make chewing motions all the time and she is even more intrigued with watching me eat. So after taking four days off from food I started her on a teaspoon of sweet potatoes with a bit of breast milk mixed in. She did amazing. She is now opening her mouth every time instead of trying to suck the food off of the spoon, and she barely spits any of it back out. So we will continue that for five days or so and then venture on to something else if all goes well.

She is doing a bit better with her bottles now, too. I found that if I heat them up more she doesn't seem to choke or pull away as much. Although she does still act like she is watching a tennis match. Such a fidgeter, that one. We are also slowly getting her into a daily routine. We have had a night time routine for quite some time now, which is so great. She has been sleeping through the night for over a week now, so I am hopeful that this is going to be the norm. Though she wakes about an hour earlier than this tired mommy would like, I know that I am lucky she is as good of a sleeper as she is. Her smiling face peaking out of her crib makes it so much easier to get up. (I'm so not a morning person.)

Layla fell asleep in her stimulus package (probably because she wakes up so early ;) and I thought it was just so adorable so I had to go grab the camera and snap a few shots of her. I got some video of her actually falling asleep, which was hilarious with the slow head bob until she finally succumbed. She is just like her daddy, she can sleep anywhere.










Looking at Audrey playing outside.


Too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment