Saturday, February 12, 2011

Weekend Update

With all the advice that people feel compelled to dole out when you are going to be a new mom, how is it that no one ever told me that I should start doing things around the house with one arm holding a 10lb weight, especially in my favored hand. Nine months of practicing that and I might be a bit better at the whole ambidextrous thing. It is amazing how difficult it can be just to open a can of food for my cat, whilst holding a baby.

Our Layla Bug is almost three weeks old already and I can't even believe it. She just gets cuter and cuter. She still has her beautiful red hair, and I am hopeful that it won't all fall out; although mine did when I was an infant and I was almost completely bald until I was one. She is so strong, she can hold her head up so well already and she even smiles at me now. I love that so much. She just melts my heart. And I know a lot of people say it is just gas, but this is a different smile than her gassy smile.

Most of the time she is my little angel, but sometimes I call her my little Ferrari because she goes from zero to 60 in a second! She has moments of frustration, but I just take the time to find the issue and calm her down. I'm getting better at it all the time. But we definitely have good days and rough days. Luckily the former are more abundant. She sleeps so well at night, which is amazing. I have to wake her every three to four hours to feed her, but I usually get about six to seven hours of sleep a night, and sometimes an hour or two nap during the day. Can't complain about that! I hate having to wake her cause she looks so sweet and comfortable when she is asleep, and who wants to be woken up to have their butt wiped? I can't wait until I can just let her sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment