Thursday, January 5, 2012

11 Months Old!!!

Only one more month until her first birthday!  That is really hard for me to wrap my head around.  It is going to fast.  I love every new step, but I do miss some of the old steps too. 


She is starting to get her fifth tooth now.  It is coming in on the upper left.  We have been pretty lucky so far with the teething thing.  She doesn't excessivly drool and doesn't seem to be overly fussy compared to other times.  She might have moments, but that could be from anything.  She is my daughter after all, and we all know I have my moments!  =) 


She took her first steps on New Years Day.  She is very cautious about walking though.  Feels much better when she is holding on to something.  I am totally okay with that.  The longer the better.  She is fast enough when she is crawling.  She discovered stairs for the first time at Grandma and Grandpa's and she mastered climbing them within seconds.  She was so giddy about it too.  It was adorable.  Grandpa had a lot of fun with that.  Now the hard part is teaching her how to come down them.  We would grab her hips and pull her down slowly.  She thought that was pretty funny.


So my struggle with Layla right now is with eating.  She is a great eater when the food is pureed and pretty smooth.  If she gets anything in her mouth that isn't that soft, she gives a look of horror, spits it out or gags it down.  I am talking anything.  Saltines, fruit bits, puffed cereal, pancakes, eggs, pasta...the list goes on.  I am starting to worry that this could become a problem.  I have done some research on it online and some people have said they had to take their child to a type of speech therapist that basically teaches them how to swallow solid foods.  I'm not ready to take it to that level yet, but I wish there was an easy solution.  I can't puree her food forever.  It will be one of my many questions for the pediatrician at her year check up.

Not really sure what the frightened look was all about, maybe she swallowed some solid food.

On a hike with Mommy and Daddy.  Such a beautiful day.

Mommy slathering me with sunscreen!

No comments:

Post a Comment